NO ROOT - Disable "Knock Knock" on your LG device and get more battery life!

I was playing with my G3 and discovered a way to disable the Knock Knock feature which helps the user enable the screen without even touching hardware buttons just by double tapping the screen.
I don't use this feature very often, so I decided to disable it. Guess what, my battery life is now more amazing than ever before!

No, you don't need to be rooted to disable the Knock Knock feature. It's pretty easy. All you need to do is to access the hidden menu on your LG device and simply disable it.

To open up the hidden menu, open your Dialer app all input this number (according to your carrier/version):


  • 3845#*855# (for International model)
  • 3845#*851# (for T-Mobile)
  • 3845#*850# (fot AT&T)
While you type the last digit, the hidden menu will appear. What's next? Scroll down till you see the Knock On/off setting and just disable the function. And viola, here you have it!

I was really surprised when I got 70% with my full day of usage on LTE. I usually end my day at about 50% so it seems to pump up the battery life a bit.

Enjoy!