How to fix: Google Now can't be opened - Network error

Network error. Check your network connections and try again. That's what I got after opening Google Now settings. I haven't modyfied my Google account in any way, everything seemed fine. Then this. All of a sudden. Luckily I've found a fix to this!

I could not access Google Now on my account anywhere on my devices. It just didn't work. I tried to remove Google Search app data, cache, even tried to reinstall the app and whole system.



Fortunately, it's not the problem. You don't have to delete any of your data. If you're having this issue, there's an easy fix for that.



  1. Open Google Settings app from your drawer.
  2. Open the account history tab.
  3. Turn everything OFF.
  4. Wait a few minutes and then turn it back ON.
  5. That's all! Your Google Now should be setup properly now.
Screenshot 2015 03 03 17 23 47

I still don't know what caused the problem but this easily fixed it. Hope that helped you as well!